2008年1月11日 星期五

Final Exam-Group Interaction

Group Discussion
Topic1: How to enjoy life more?
亭: How do you do?
雅: Oh, forget it. It’s just a mess.
亭: Why? What’s going on?
雅: I’ve been under a lot of pressure because the final exam is coming. I’m so nervous! My room is full of books and I am afraid that I can’t follow the study schedule I set.
安: Hey, relax! Don’t take it too seriously. It’s not the end of the world. Stop worrying about that. Just follow your own step.
樺: Yah, stop over-scheduling. Make some time to do something else such as listening to the music, chatting with friends; then, back to your study, you’ll find it is not that unbearable.
亭: Maybe you can find another way to figure out. For example, try to look things on the bright side; you will have different views towards the exam.
臻: Like me, I take a yoga class twice a week. It really helps me to get rid of my stress and let my heart feel peace from doing so.
敏: Don’t be too critical to yourself. The exam is just a small part of your life. Open up your mind to appreciate other things around you. There is still something good that you can enjoy.
Topic2: A life-changing experience
臻: Hey, did you watch the news that reported a factory in Tauyuan was on fire and claimed three little girls’ lives, ten workers injured yesterday?
亭: Yah, I saw the news. I feel so sorry about that. The accident definitely changes their lives of those people’s families because without them their families are not complete anymore.
安: After hearing the news, something has changed in my mind. Everything we pursue such as fame, money, authority, etc. can not replace the importance of life. Have you guys ever experienced any events that change your life?
樺: I agree with what you say. My uncle died of heart attack three years ago. This shocked me a lot. So sudden, that I didn’t have any preparation. I can understand the sadness of those people who lost their beloved family.
敏: Well, I can’t realize that emotion deeply like you because I haven’t experienced it personally yet. But I still have something that changes my life. That is when I entered to the high school, I made some good friends who really know me and make me more open-minded.
雅: No matter what kinds of experiences you have, if you can learn some lessons from it is good; although, you may be upset or angry at that moment. And the most important thing is cherish everyone and everything around you.
Topic3: The music you listen to
雅:So, What kind of music does the Postal Service play ?
樺:
安:Wow! So cool, you really have your style of music, and how about you? You have mentioned Ma Yo Yo, have you ever been to his concert?
臻:No, it’s a pity that I didn’t have the chance. I only saw him on TV. But I hope I’ll have the opportunity to attend his concert once in the future.
亭:That’s sound great. If next time you’re going, don’t forget to tell me, I’d like to go with you!
敏:Hey, you said you only listen to Western music, then how about Chinese songs? How do you feel of them?
雅:Well, Jay Chou’s songs were once my favorite. But since his music style never change or improve a lot, I don’t like him as much as I used to. And about other singers, I just pick their most popular songs to listen to.
樺: Hmm, you both like Soda green, then… what’s so special about them? And what’s their first single recently?
安:Because they started to play music when in senior high, so they also called student band. Soda green’s music is different from other singers, and is full of individual style.
敏:And their first single now is Absolutely Beautiful. Its lyrics truly touch me deeply in the heart.
臻:So, it seems that we all have our favorite own style about music!
Topic4: The role of music in your life
樺:So, some people said that classical music can calm them down. You listen to the classical music, and then is it really making you feel more peaceful?
亭:Yes, it is, classical music does pacify my mind and soothe the emotion. But just as what I said, I usually immerse in the music world. So it’s better for me not to listen to classical music when studying.
雅:Hey, you’re totally different from me. I like to listen to pop music when I study. It somehow helps me concentrate on my studying. Besides, when I’m too tired, those active melodies can cheer me up.
臻:Yeah, same here, and I won’t listen to classical music when studying, because I’ll fall asleep easily.
安:Wow, after listening to all your opinions, I think music really plays an important in everyone’s life.
臻:Right!Music is really an indispensable element to us. It has lots of benefits.
敏:Yeah, music can release one’s emotions, and makes you easily to get along with people because you have the same topics to carry on a conversation with others.
安:Well, in other words, music is also the international language around world.
Topic5: The benefits of music
敏:It sounds like music really has lots of benefits.
臻:Yeah, it is not only good for people but also have a special effect on animals.
安:It really shocked that music can increase the quantity of milk that cows produce.
雅:Me too, it’s quiet an interesting news to me.
樺:Well, music does play an important role for we human beings. Not only physical but also intellectually. As for me, music is like a friend of mine.
亭:You’re right, music has accompanied me through many difficult time. When I feel sad, I listen to light music most of the time.
敏:Same for me, and besides, in occasions like parties, music is an essential part to cheer everyone up.
雅:As you said, different kinds of music has different effects.
Pops in parties, classical for sleeping, jazz for company, and so on.
亭:And some lyrics do reflect the problems of the society. You can learn something from those lyrics which have deep meaning.
安:So, to sum up, music does have many positive effects for us.
Topic6: Financial IQ
安: I have read a magazine which said there are more and more people becoming card slaves who can not afford their credit card’s bills in our society now.
雅: Yah, these people might do something dangerous to get rid of the debts. For examples, some of them may commit suicide and some of them will stray on the street just want to run away from paying money.
亭: That might bring the society a lot of problems. Those people become the burdens of the society. Besides it disturbs their family because the bank will call them to pay the money back all the time and they are also worried about the debtor who may do something harm to his/herself or others.
雅: How could it be and how to solve this problem?
樺: The government can legislate some laws to limit the use of credit cards. And banks can provide a lower interest to help the debtors pay the bill. But the most important thing is control your desires and don’t spend exceed how much you have.
敏: We can set some financial plans to better use our money as well. In addition to paying back the money you owe and depositing it in the bank; you can divide your money into several parts to do some investments to earn more money.
臻: Remember to keep track of your spending. And to absorb more information about the financial management, it can help you to make a correct decision when dealing with the money. After all, money won’t increase automatically.
全: That’s right!
Topic7: What would you do if you won a 10 million NT lottery?
敏:It sounds like most of us want to travel around the world if winning the lottery.
安:Who doesn’t? I have longed to go to Japan for a long time.
雅:And me, I’d like to go to New Zealand or to Canada seeing the Northern light.
臻:Wow, you must have to prepare lots of clothes, it’s freezing cold there. Traveling is such a good choice, but I think adopting children from Africa is a good idea, too!
樺:Yeah, there are still lots of people need money more than us. It’s is really a meaningful activity to help them and I feel happy to provide assistance for those needed people.
安:However, to full fill our dream is also important. Hey, 文亭, didn’t you just say that you want to have your own restaurant?
亭:Yeah, it’s one of my dreams. I want to do lots of exotic dishes, like French, Thailand, and Mexican food and so on. And best of all, I want to mix them up to create my own style.
雅:Wow, that’s fabulous, if you do have your own restaurant in the future, don’t forget to invite us and also give us a special discount.
亭:No problem, I’ll do my best to treat you!
敏:It seems that 10 million dollars can do lots of things. Oh!How I want to win the lottery!
Topic8: Appropriate dress
敏: Hey, did you guys have any embarrassing experience about wearing wrong cloths? My brother wore slippers to a restaurant last week, everyone in the restaurant looked at him, because it is inappropriate and noisy.
亭: I have! When I was junior high, I joined a camp, they asked us bring a long skirt, and I really did. On the party night, I put on my long, long skirt, and everybody looked at me. Cause every girl wear normal skirt.
臻: Well, that’s not your fault. They asked you to bring it, right? But it’s really embarrassing. You are lovely too, there’s no girl wearing long skirt now.
樺: Hey, I got a worse experience. At that time, I was a junior high school student. One day I got up, I found I was very late to school, I brushing、 washing my face and run out. On my way to school, every one looked at me and laughs. I don’t know why. But when I got school, my friend told me that I’m wearing my pajamas!
安: That’s really embarrassing. But it’s also very funny. I can’t image that scene. If I were you, I would dig a hole, hide in, and never out.
雅: Wow. It’s seems like you guys have some really interesting experience. Fortunately, I had nothing.
亭: You will. Someday you will.
樺: Yes, and at that time.
敏: It’s our turns to laugh at you.
Topic9: Fashion and style
文: Teenager will change their dress by the style of singer movie star or the advertisement .Hey 宜 what hair style do you think more adapt to men?
宜: In my opinion I like boy who has long brown hair and in the bell bottoms.
敏: Oh my god, don’t you think that is too flashy and out of style?
宜: Of course not! How about you 虹安. How do you think about fashion?
安: I prefer more elegant style. Not to be too formal but also not out of style.
彥: I agree with 虹安 opinion. And what more, we are just students. I don’t think wearing too flashy or too formal is a good idea.
雅: After attending in college, unlike the senior high school I agony about what to wear to school every day.
文: Me either, I always feel I am wearing the same clothes every day.
宜: This is every girl’s common problem.
彥: I like buying some fashion cloths, but what's bother me is, they're always becoming old-fashioned soon.
敏: I think we just to dress up to your own style.
安:Yes, that’s what I’ think too. Find your own style. And you don’t need to care about fashion.
雅: Me too. I think always keeping yourself clean and wearing appropriate will be nice.
Topic10: On becoming beautiful
文 : Hey “宜樺”you look beautiful today!
敏 : Do you makeup today ? Or do you wear false eyelashes?
宜 : Yes I also go to nail polishing and hair transplants!
虹 : Wow! I think you might spend a lot of money, don’t you!
彥 : Now as long as you have money, you can change your appearance easily.
雅 : I have heard that cosmetic surgery is very popular in Korea now. You don’t have to worry about what you look like any more.
文 : As long as having money, you can change your appearance whenever you want and whatever you like.
敏 : Have you all ever seen 醜女大翻身 before?
宜 : Oh, I know that movie, the leading lady become so pretty after cosmetic surgery.
虹 : Even though cosmetic surgery can change one person’s appearance, but I like nature beauty more.
彥 : My opinion is same as 子雅. The technology has become more and more advance now. Though we can change our appearance whatever we want. The inner beauty is still more important.
安 : Now so many girls care about their weight since they are already thin enough.
文 : They sometimes use amazing way to reduce their weight.
敏 : Actually, the general standard of beauty doesn’t always fit everyone.
宜 : I think if you really want to reduce your weight you can use more healthy way like exercise or something.
虹 : Just like 彥臻 said just now the inner beauty of a person is much more important than your appearance.

( The topics 1 2 6 are designed by 彥臻 and me;3 4 5 7 by 虹安 and 子雅;8 9 10 by 文亭 and 宜樺.)

沒有留言: